Mr. Khalid Javaid
|Model Steel Mills||1 ½ yrs||Mechanical Engineer||1967 to 1968|
|Heavy Mechanical Complex (HMC)||10 ½ yrs||Manager Production Planning and Control||1968-1978|
|ICI Pakistan Ltd||7 ½ yrs||EM||1978-1985|
|Descon Engineering||14 yrs||Sr. GM||1986- 2001|
|Kohinoor Motor Works||2 yrs||MD||2002-2003|
|Habib Group||2 yrs||MD||2005-2007|
|Monarch Engineering||4 yrs||CEO||2008- 2012|
|Advance Engineering Services||2 yrs||MD||2013- to Date|
- Project management on EPC basis of projects including basic and detailed engineering related to:
- Gas fields including gas gathering from wellheads. pipelining, gas purification and refining, metering and distribution,
- LPG decanting and storage tank farms and distribution facility at Port Qasim, Karachi port for Engro Pakistan, 2 years.
- Plant extension and debottlenecking ICI’s Soda Ash Works at Khewra, doubling the existing capacity from 165 tpd to over 300 tpd – 5 years.
- Three 100 TPH bagasse fired sugar industry boilers for clients in Pakistan
- A programmable heat treating furnace, the largest in Pakistan, for stress releasing HP Code vessels and steam drums of large power boilers, 1994.
- Manufactured well-head servicing and cementation equipment for OGDC 1986.
- Inspection and quality control of out sourced fabricated plant and equipment for a 5000 T grey cement and 2000 T white cement plants for Riyadh Cement Co, KSA
- Manufacturing of principal equipment items and erection of three 2000 TPD Cement Plants for AQC Wah, Fauji Foundation and Lucky Cement Co.
- Management responsibilities at various levels, from shop floors to general management of production operations in heavy engineering works in HMC, Taxila and Descon Engineering Works – 20 years
- Established and managed Engineering and Design Offices for the design of cement plants equipment, Industrial Boiler plants and water and waste water treatment plants for Descon Engineering Ltd – 9years
- Plant maintenance responsibilities in chemical process industries, ICI Pakistan – 7 years
- Executive management responsibility as Chief Executive Officer in automobile industry – 8 years
- Manufactured and erected Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSGs) as part of major combined cycle power plants such as KAPCO (7 units of 50 MWe each) and Rausch (340 MWe).
- Production management of principal equipment for industrial boiler plants, water and waste treatment plants, equipment for sugar, cement and nuclear power plants, materials handling and conveying equipment, chemical and petro-chemical reaction towers and columns, equipment for hydro power and river water management projects, airframe parts for fighter aircraft, fired and unfired code vessels etc.– 11 years
- Control and management of metallurgical and materials treatment processes such as casting, forging and heat treatment; selection and specification of metallic materials for engineering applications, HMC Taxila – 11 years.
- Visiting faculty: Production Operations Management:
- Quid e Azam University Islamabad, MBA programme
- Pak Aims Institute of Management, MBA programme
Some of these assignments ran concurrently.
|University of Engineering and Technology Lahore.||1966||Mechanical Engineering||B.Sc.|
|Honors and Professional Affiliations|
|Member, Pakistan Engineering Council|
Mr. Khalid is experienced in the use of packages such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point and Corel Draw.